As a beginning or continuing student of Martial Arts and Karate, your training will
always begin and end with the following:
* Self - Control
* Gaining Wisdom and Life Skills
* Learning Martial Arts History
* Understanding the Nature of Self-Defense
* Gaining Superior Self-Confidence
When you have begun to practice the above spiritual techniques............you will now begin to Master and understand the physical techniques of Karate. These basic techniques include, but are not limited to:
....and the exciting weapons of the Martial Arts.
I) What is expected from you if you are a Mark Davis Tiger Team and TEAM IMMORTAL member:
A) Attend all karate classes during the week and all tournament preparation meetings when they are scheduled. Make your karate training a priority.
B) Work harder at your Dojo than anyone else.
C) When wearing your karate gi, remember you are a team player. Work with your teammates.
D) Everyone cheers and encourages their teammates at ringside.
E) Sensei Mark knows best. So listen to his advise.
II) Uniform Requirements / Appearance
A) Your uniform (gi) should always be clean and pressed when worn in the Dojo and in a tournament.
B) Your hair should be well-groomed and tied back.
C) Girls are allowed to wear light make-up.
D) Your appearance should reflect your attitude. HONEST, CLEAN, and CONFIDENT.
III) Point Fighting
A) Work on fighting strategies.
B) Know your opponents style of fighting, watch when you are warming up.
C) Work the ring. If your opponent scores a point on you more that once, change to the other side of the ring.....so he or she has to change.
D) Make sure the judges can see your points. Always yell and ki-yah!
E) Work on fakes.
THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION IS PROVIDED HERE TO GUIDE YOU THROUGH YOUR BEGINNING BELT TESTS.
* STRIKES : SUN FIST, MOON FIST, KNIFE HAND, RIDGE HAND, SPEAR HAND, PALM STRIKE
* KICKS : FRONT, ROUND, SIDE, BACK
* BLOCKS : FACE BLOCK, DOWN BLOCK, HASHUM BLOCK, EYE BLOCK
* STANCES : HORSE, TIGER, KICKING, WALKING, READY
* KATA : RHOON GEE (TINY TIGER FOR CHILDREN)
* ONE-STEP SPARRING : 1 - 5
* SELF-DEFENSE : ARM BAR, CHIN-NA (WRISTLOCK), BEAR-HUG DEFENSE
* VOCABULARY : SENSEI, SHINZA, DOJO, GI/DOBUK, BLACK BELT PLEDGE, COUNTING 1-10 KOREAN
* STRIKES : ELBOW STRIKE, TEMPLE PUNCH, BACKFIST, ONE-INCH PUNCH
* KICKS : CHOP KICK, INSIDE-OUTSIDE KICK, FRONT-STRETCH KICK, SWING KICK
* BLOCKS : X-BLOCK, LEG BLOCK
* STANCES : CAT, CRANE
* KATA : YEUNG DRAGON, YEUNG TIGER (CHONG GI)
* ONE-STEP SPARRING : 1 - 20
* SELF-DEFENSE : SHOULDER BAR, THREE BASIC CHOKES (FLAT HAND, THE "V", SLEEPER)
* VOCABULARY : OKU, OMOTE, THREE DIAMONDS OF KATA, DESHI, 6 WAYS OF MARTIAL ARTS
* STRIKES : HAMMER FIST, RAINBOW PUNCH, FALLING TREE, LONG KNIFE
* KICKS : CHICKEN, AXE, JUMP FRONT KICK, LEG SWEEP, MONKEY SWEEP, MANTIS KICK
* BLOCKS : INSIDE / OUTSIDE COMBO, BUTTERFLY, PUSH BLOCK
* STANCES : MANTIS, MONKEY, TAE KWON DO LONG, MA BO
* KATA : TAE KWON DO ONE (HANA KWON)
* ONE-STEP SPARRING : 1 - 40
* SELF-DEFENSE : TIGER CLAW, TWO-FINGER SPEAR, FLESH GRAB
* VOCABULARY : HOSAN, JEET KUNE DO, HAPKIDO, KAM-SAMIDAM
1) The eyes must see in all sides
2) The ears must hear in all directions.
3) The body must move in any direction at any given time.
4) The time to strike is when the opportunity presents itself.
I am a dedicated student of the Martial Arts.
I will live by the principals of a Black Belt.
Please Follow The Following Format When entering the Ring to perform your Open - Hand or Weapon Kata
hana 1 yi
duuL 2 eer
set 3 san
net 4 si
daso 5 wu
yaso 6 li
yugo 7 qi
yodo 8 ba
aha 9 ju
yo 10 shi